Home » , , » Bathroom transformation -That's Not A Lemon!

Bathroom transformation -That's Not A Lemon!

Written By Unknown on Monday, May 21, 2012 | 3:51 AM

About 5 year ago I totally committed myself to my guest bath by applying a a wall treatment that gave it a "faux stone" look. Taping off each stone, applying  plaster, stippling  and painting= COMMITMENT. Back then I thought it was the best idea ever. I would walk by the bath thinking "how cool is that" and "I so love that". 
I even had my sister in law paint the topiary assuming that I would always like lemons!!
  Well, all those bath sentiments began to feel a little different a few years ago when I had the rest of the main floor painted in lighter shades I then faced my challenge on what to do and how to do it with  this bath. Since I was not about to scrape and sand down the walls back to a smooth finish, I thought I would paint the ceiling, but after a few strokes and several months of looking at this, I realized that wasn't the answer.
 Then it hit me again after I finished painting my office, that maybe I should approach the bath with a different color palette. And so I did, on the ceiling first,with Grey.
I began to feel those positive bath sentiments emerge again, so I mixed a combination of white and grey paint and color washed the stone.
I then applied the same grey color that is on the ceiling to all of the grout joints. This color combination actually looks more authentic and similar to limestone.
 
The niche where my  tree sat still has to be sanded down, but for now the old window does wonders to conceal and reminders of my "commitment" and my lemons.
 



For More of My Home tour click here

Sharing with:
Between Naps on the Porch
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Homestories AtoZ 
My Uncommon Designs
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Domestically Speaking 
52 Mantels
The Shabby Creek Cottage 
French County Cottage 
Tater Tots and Jello 
Twigg Studios 
DIY  Showoff
Beneath My Heart
Thrifty Decor Chick




Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Beautiful Interior Design - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger