Home » » Cookie Jar Makeover

Cookie Jar Makeover

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, December 6, 2011 | 1:34 AM

I sure hope my mom is not reading my blog today or she will see her Christmas present from the kids!! A few weeks back I stopped at a yard sale and picked up this .25 cookie jar. I thought "How could I pass that up"?  I immediately had plans for this jar and thought it would look great in my mom's house with a slight makeover. Overall I liked the jar, it had a tight seal around the lid and I liked the white color and size. What I did not like was the current design and color.
So up to the craft room it went.
  The first thing I had to do was decide on a design and color. I wanted to keep in simple so I decided  to create an oval to fit over the original design in black and then use white letters for the saying. I used indoor Silhouette vinyl and my Silhouette machine to cut my vinyl. After cutting  my oval  I positioned it center and placed on the jar.
Happy with the placement ( but not so with the above picture) I went ahead and cut my letters out for the saying in white vinyl. I used  Kristen font to spell "Mimi's Treats". After cutting, I positioned the letters on the jar (sorry no image for this step). This is a fun, casual font which does not require exact precision in the placement, although I tried to center the best I could.
I am so thrilled with the outcome. Hard to believe this was a .25 cookie jar. I think my mom is really going to like it and will probably love it even more if I fill it with her favorite cookies!


Shhhh... please don't tell her about this adorable cookie jar if you talk to her. 


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Beautiful Interior Design - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger